Skyline VTL-7979 Ice Cream Maker White
Ice cream is a perennial favourite in the world of desserts. Although there are hundreds of types and flavours sold commercially, ice cream made at home with personally chosen ingredients is an indulgence many people enjoy. Old-fashioned hand-cranked ice cream makers have been replaced by electric ice cream machines, but the concept of how the frozen concoction is made remains the same, as does the pleasure of consuming freshly made ice cream.
Working of Electric Ice Cream Maker
The most important step in making frozen desserts is to make sure the Freezer Canister is properly frozen. Your Ice Cream Maker features a double insulated bowl and requires thorough freezing. For best results it should be wrapped in a plastic bag and placed upright in the back of the freezer. Wrapping will prevent from freezer burn. As there is a liquid in between the Canister walls, it should be shake well. For best results it should be kept in the freezer for 24 hours before its use. Lower freezer temperature requires less time in the freezer of Canister.
- 1. After setting up the machine pour the prepare ice cream mixture through the Mixing Feeder in the Canister. Please note it is extremely important that the canister should be used immediately after it is removed from the freezer, as it begins to thaw once removed. First make sure that the ice cream mixture is ready and then remove the canister from freezer.
- 2. Leave the machine ON for approximately 20 to 40 minutes or until the mixture reaches the desired consistency. Do not turn the appliance off during use, as the mixture may freeze and prevent the movement of paddle. After 40 minutes, turn the unit OFF.
- 3. To add the ingredients after the freezing process has begun, gently add them through the Mixing Feeder.
- 4. To avoid overheating the motor, the direction of the rotation will change if the mixture becomes too thick. If the direction of rotation continues to change, the mixture is completely prepared, turn OFF the unit immediately.
- 5. Only use rubber, plastic or wooden utensils to serve from the canister bowl. Metal spoons may harm the bowl.
- 6. To further harden the ice cream, you may put the Canister with the ice cream contents into the freezer for a short period of time. Long-time freezing, however should be done in an airtight container.
- 7. For best result the canister should always be kept in the freezer to have the ice cream any moment.